D. Kenneth Tisdale Jr.
D. Kenneth (Ken) Tisdale, Jr., joined Grace, Tisdale & Clifton in 2002 and has dedicated much of his practice to Driving While Impaired (DWI) defense and alcohol-related charges. From 1997 to 2002, Ken served as an Assistant District Attorney in Winston-Salem and focused on the prosecution of DWI cases, as well as felony trials in Superior Court, including capital murder. He has extensive expertise in the area of DWI law both as a defense attorney and prosecutor, including a large volume of trials at the District Court and Superior Court level.
Ken has been trained in the administration of DWI field tests, including the horizontal gaze nystagmus test. Every day he assists numerous individuals with his skills in the art of determining the best course of action for North Carolina DWI issues in order to dispense with cases in the most efficient and discreet manner possible.
In addition to his DWI representation, Ken has substantial trial experience in N.C. District and Superior Courts for a range of criminal cases including murder, drugs, sexual assault and financial crimes.
Ken received his Juris Doctorate from Wake Forest University School of Law in 1997 and his Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Management from North Carolina State University in 1993. He has been admitted to practice in North Carolina since 1997 and has been admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court, Middle District.
Ken is a member of the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, the North Carolina Bar Association, the North Carolina State Bar and the Forsyth County Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- DMV Administrative License Revocation Hearings, License Reinstatement Hearings and Appeals; Monitech Violations
- Burglaries, Thefts, Felony Larceny, Breaking and Entering
- Multi-County Criminal Defense
- Traffic Violations
- Child Custody/Termination of Parental Rights
- Expunction of Records
- Probation Violations
- Firearms Violations
- White Collar Crime
- North Carolina, 1997
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- J.D - 1997
- North Carolina State University
- B.A. - 1993
- Major: Business Management
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- North Carolina State Bar, Member
- Forsyth County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Winston-Salem, Assistant District Attorney, 1997 - 2002