Michelle B. Clifton
Prior to joining Grace, Tisdale & Clifton in 2004, Michelle B. Clifton practiced for nine years in the areas of corporate mergers and acquisitions, and insurance defense litigation, experience she now brings to representing plaintiffs. Her law practice is now focused on representing plaintiffs in personal injury and wrongful death litigation, in addition to representing clients in business, administrative and regulatory matters and various other civil and criminal maters in state and federal court.
In 2011, Michelle was asked by the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ) to write a chapter and co-edit a general personal injury practice handbook for the state of North Carolina. Personal Injury Practice in North Carolina is now a primary resource for personal injury law practices.
In 2013, Michelle became a N.C. Dispute Resolution Commission Certified Mediator for Superior Court.
Michelle received her Juris Doctorate from Wake Forest University School of Law in 1995 and her Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Elon University in 1992, graduating summa cum laude. She has been admitted to practice in North Carolina since 1995.
Michelle, along with partners Michael Grace, Christopher Clifton and Kenneth Tisdale, represent local police officers in conjunction with the Southern States Benevolent Association.
Over the last five years, Michelle has successfully achieved settlements and awards for plaintiffs in product liability, personal injury and wrongful death cases totaling millions of dollars.
Michelle is a member of the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, the North Carolina State Bar, the North Carolina Bar Association, and the Forsyth County Bar Association. She previously served on the Board of Directors with the YMCA of Greater Winston-Salem, the Junior League of Winston-Salem, the Sawtooth Center for Visual Arts, St. Paul's Episcopal Preschool, the Experiment in Self-Reliance, ands the Board of Friends of the Ronald McDonald House. Currently, she serves on the Board of the SECU Family House Friends and on the Board of Trustees for Forsyth Country Day School.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Wrongful Death Litigation
- Motor Vehicle and Commercial Trucking Accidents
- Corporate Representation
- Contract Drafting for Individuals and Corporations
- Litigation Involving Business Issues
- Employment Law Contract Disputes
- Civil and Criminal Appellate Practice, State and Federal Courts
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Mediator for Superior Court, N.C. Dispute Resolution Commission
- North Carolina, 1995
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- J.D., Juris Doctor - 1995
- Elon College, Elon College, North Carolina
- B.S., Bachelor of Science summa cum laude - 1992
- Major: Business Administration
- writer, Co-editor, North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ), Personal Injury Practice Handbook for the State of North Carolina, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina State Bar, Member
- Forsyth County Bar Association, Member
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Board of Trustees, Forsyth Country Day School
- Board of Directors, SECU Family House