View related topics

You Have Legal Remedies After A Criminal Conviction

Post-conviction relief refers to appeals of criminal convictions, which may include release, new trial, modification of sentence and such other relief as ordered by the court. If you have been convicted of a crime, there is always a chance that a skilled appellate lawyer can help you get a verdict reversed through an appeal or other post-conviction relief. At Grace, Tisdale & Clifton P.A., we are leaders in successfully handling appeals in state and federal courts. We are experienced in identifying and raising all issues that may be grounds for appeal and successfully arguing such issues before the proper tribunals.

Appellate And Post-Conviction Issues Must Be Preserved

Failure to raise the appropriate issues can result in a waiver of your right to challenge a lower court or administrative ruling on those grounds. By choosing our firm to represent you, you can be assured that the utmost attention will be applied to every detail of your case. Our firm has attorneys who are admitted to practice in North Carolina state appellate courts; the 4th, 8th and 11th U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeals; and the U.S. Supreme Court. The firm has represented clients in more than 80 appeals in both federal and state courts. We are uniquely prepared to handle any appeal. We are committed to appealing unjust or wrongful convictions and sentences of any state or federal crime. Our firm provides skillful representation in criminal appeals and post-conviction issues.

Expungement May Be An Option

If your post-conviction case is unsuccessful, you will have a criminal conviction on your record. Removing that conviction from your record may be possible under certain circumstances. The likelihood of you getting an expungement varies depending on a number of factors such as the specific crime, how long ago the conviction was received and your criminal history since the time of the conviction.

For all your post-conviction inquiries, contact us at our Winston-Salem office by calling 888-441-8522 or emailing us to set up a free initial consultation.